The Memphis Police Department has announced new procedures for motorists involved in minor car accidents.
1. What is a minor vehicle crash?
A minor vehicle crash is when there are no injuries, no one is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and all vehicles are drivable.
2. What do you do if you have been involved in a minor crash?Exchange names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance information, and tag numbers of the vehicles involved. Take photographs of the damage. Report the crash over the phone by calling a Memphis Police Station or MPD’s Traffic Office within five (5) days of the crash.
3. Does it matter which police precinct you call?
No, you can call any precinct to file a minor vehicle crash report.Traffic Office: 901-636-4679
Old Allen Station: 901-636-4399
Raines Station: 901-636-4599
Mt. Moriah Station: 901-636-4199
Crump Station: 901-636-4600
Tillman Station: 901-636-3000
North Main Station: 901-636-4099
Airways Station: 901-636-4800
Appling Farms Station: 901-636-4400
Ridgeway Station: 901-636-4500
4. How do I get a copy of my crash report?
If you need to obtain a copy of a police report of any kind, you will need to call Central Records at 901-636-3650. A Central Records clerk will assist you in getting the requested documents. Or, you can file an Open Records Request through the City of Memphis portal.
5. When will an officer or PST make the scene of a crash?
An officer or PST will make the scene of a vehicle crashes when:
A confrontation occurs on the scene
Injuries are reported
Drugs or alcohol are involved
A driver refuses to share information
If a vehicle is disabled