Here’s everything you need to know going on in the Mid-South:
- Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves is tightening up coronavirus restrictions. He’s now mandating masks to be worn inside all schools in the state, and groups are now limited to 10 indoors and 50 outdoors.
- A Texas lawsuit suing four states for unconstitutional changes to election laws ahead of the 2020 election now has the support of 16 more states. One of those states includes Tennessee as of Wednesday.
- Good news for local baseball fans: the St. Louis Cardinals have decided to extend their affiliation with the Memphis Redbirds through the 2030 season.
- There were two triple shootings in the Memphis area yesterday. Three were shot in East Memphis at the Cherry Creek Apartments, and three were shot over on Hollywood in North Memphis. Four of those six victims are in critical condition, and the shootings are not known to be related.
- Wednesday evening in Oxford, local police responded to a domestic disturbance call. Police were trying to negotiate with a person, who ended up pointing a gun at the police. That’s when the officers fired, and the person was declared dead at the scene.
KWAM IS YOUR ONLY SOURCE FOR FAIR AND BALANCED NEWS IN THE MID-SOUTH. CLICK HERE FOR A FREE SUBSCRIPTION TO OUR NEWSLETTER.