Here’s everything you need to know going on in the Mid-South:
- Thursday night a man was stabbed at the Villas on Houston Levee in Cordova. The victim was taken to the hospital, but no suspect information has been released.
- 695 new coronavirus cases were reported Thursday in Shelby County. That’s the third highest one day total we’ve had so far.
- In just the past 26 hours, 10 people have been shot and three have been killed in the Memphis area.
- In Arkansas, Gov. Asa Hutchinson had a televised press conference Thursday to give a coronavirus update for his state. He announced the extension of his emergency order through the end of the year. Instead of enforcing more mandates, Hutchinson is asking residents to act responsibly, but he’s also urging people to stay home for the holidays.
- Desoto County School District parents face a big decision: do they want their children in the classroom or at home for the next nine weeks? Today is the deadline for parents to have their say before the district makes a final decision.