Here’s everything you need to know today going on in the Mid-South:
- In the Magnolia State, Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves want to eliminate the state income tax. The governor presented this as part of his proposal Monday afternoon in his Executive Budget Recommendation for 2022.
- Memphis policeman Al Bond has been relieved of duty pending the outcome of a rape investigation. He’s been charged with rape after a woman told police he sexually assaulted her at a party.
- Local basketball fans are going to have to wait a while for the rematch between the Memphis Tigers and the Tennessee Volunteers. Both programs announced the teams will finally play in Nashville at a neutral site December 19, 2021. The game was supposed to be this December, but they chose to postpone due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- A person was gunned down in the midtown area late Monday night at the Galloway Gardens Apartments. By the time paramedics got to the scene, the victim was already dead.
- Memphis Police are still searching for 16-year-old Memphis girl Monterrica Johnson. She was last seen near Shelby Drive Monday evening. If you have any information, please call local police at 901-528-CASH.
KWAM IS YOUR ONLY SOURCE FOR FAIR AND BALANCED NEWS IN THE MID-SOUTH. CLICK HERE FOR A FREE SUBSCRIPTION TO OUR NEWSLETTER.