Here’s everything you need to know going on in the Mid-South:
- Memphis City Councilman JB Smiley Jr. has filed an ethics complaint and wants an investigation into councilman Edmund Ford Sr. after comments Ford made during a virtual council meeting this week. He and Martavius Jones got into a heated debate.
- Memphis Police responded to a shooting early this morning near Remington Trace, where they found a man injured. The victim was taken to the hospital and later died.
- Collierville High School is going back to completely virtual starting today, thanks to the coronavirus. The school is experiencing staff shortages as many have had to quarantine, and they’re dealing with more new coronavirus cases. They plan on reevaluating in-person learning after Thanksgiving break.
- Memphis caretaker Gloria Hoskins is facing charges after investigators say she stole more than $90,000 from her elderly client. Hoskins will be in court Thursday.
- Two University of Memphis Tigers were drafted last night, including James Wiseman at the number two pick. He was drafted by the Golden State Warriors. Memphis’ Precious Achiuwa was also drafted at the 20th spot by the Miami Heat.
- In less than 12 hours, Memphis has had two more interstate shootings. The area has beat the previous record with 71 so far this year, and we’re not even to December yet.