Here’s everything you need to know going on in the Mid-South:
- The Memphis Tigers football team beat Navy Saturday night, 10-7. But the low scoring affair wasn’t the biggest headline from the night. The biggest accomplishment wasn’t how they won but that they beat Navy for the first time ever at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
- An Overton Park group wants to know how you want 13 acres of land developed in the park’s future. To give your feedback on the park’s expansion, go to kwamradio.com for the link to the survey before it closes tomorrow.
- Sunday morning, a Nutbush house fire resulted in two children and one adult dead. The Memphis Fire Department says the fire started in the hallway ceiling area, and the estimated total damage is over $56,000.
- In Grenada, Mississippi, over the weekend 11 people were shot and wounded at a local biker club. No arrests have been made, and no deaths have been reported.
- Sunday evening, Memphis Police responded to a shooting at Metropolitan Circle. Four people had been shot, and two of those victims were dead at the scene. No arrests have been made yet.
KWAM IS YOUR ONLY SOURCE FOR FAIR AND BALANCED NEWS IN THE MID-SOUTH. CLICK HERE FOR A FREE SUBSCRIPTION TO OUR NEWSLETTER.