Here’s everything you need to know going on in the Mid-South:
- United States Attorney General William Barr visited Memphis Wednesday to talk with police about Operation Legend, a multi-state law enforcement initiative to help combat local crime. But, before he got there, protestors gathered outside Ridgeway Station, and at least two were detained during the visit. The group confronted Barr’s motorcade, and they confronted US Attorney Mike Dunavant as he left.
- There was a shooting over on Waverly around 2:30 AM this morning and resulted in two people injured. One woman is in critical condition at the hospital.
- The final presidential debate kicks off tonight in Nashville, Tenn., at Belmont University. KWAM is your home for debate coverage, which starts at 8 PM CT tonight.
- President Donald Trump has granted clemency to Curtis McDonald, who spent decades in Memphis’ Federal Correctional Institution. The 70-year-old was indicted with Alice Marie Johnson and over a dozen others for money laundering and trafficking.
- Two juveniles were shot in a 24-hour timespan in Memphis.