Here’s what is going on today in the Mid-South:
- Less screen time? That’s what one Shelby County Schools parent is worried about, so she started an online petition to shorten the virtual school days. Already 20,000 people have signed it.
- Two people were rushed to the hospital overnight after a shooting in Orange Mound that left behind a car with bullet holes.
- A tiger on the loose in Knox County has been spotted, but the Knoxville Zoo confirms none of their tigers are missing.
- The Shelby County Commission discussed a resolution in their meeting Wednesday to spend $750,000, which would be taxpayer-funded, on headsets for students.
- Crack for a utility truck? A Mid-South man has been arrested after being accused of trading drugs for trading drugs for a stolen MLGW truck.